Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Men’s Wearhouse


custom suits

Our experience at Men’s Wearhouse wasn’t much different from our first visit to the store.  Out of the hundreds of suits they have in stock, the sales rep only found one that fit me well right off the shelf.  That suit was a Calvin Klein Extreme Slim Fit ($650), and the name makes it sound like I’m some malnourished child.  In reality, I’m tall with a slimmer build, and that cut isn’t common among the boxier cut suits Men’s Wearhouse sells.
When I asked about wedding rentals the associate said they only do tuxedo rentals (no suits).  He also pointed out that renting might be a tough way to go, especially because of how slim I like my suits.  Rentals can’t be altered much if at all, and that dramatically limits how well a potential wedding outfit will fit.  If I were serious about buying a suit during their popular buy one get one free sale, the Calvin Klein Extreme Slim Fit (paired with another similarly priced suit) would cost $325 before alterations.  Seems pricey for a suit that didn’t fit nearly as well as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment